Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hello

Haven't updated this site for a week...

Anyway, some new developments: I am currently almost $1k in debt =p. However, I'm surprised and appalled at the Citibank Customer Services. Ok, situation is like this:

1) I have to transfer money between 2 Citibank accounts based in the US. I am in Germany now, and I can't do the transfer online, because I do not have a SSN (Why is this always so necessary), and thus, I have to go to Citibank, swipe my card and enter my pin to transfer money.

2) Now, in Germany, the situation is totally different. There's Citibank GLOBAL Transfer - Catch is, I need to be a US citizen with a US account. *sweat drop*. that's fine, so what are my options?

a) To write a cheque in dollars - and cash it to the said account over here. Fees - Exchange rate fees, + service fees. Not worth it.

b) Wire the money - I need to withdraw cash in Euros - Then all the exchange rate fees will set in... Wtf.....

In short, I'm screwed.

lip
ranting

No comments: