Saturday, February 12, 2005

Random Thoughts

Ahhh... so many things happened today. quite fun actually. i bought toto with the guys, ($35, first time i bet so much), then had lunch, had audition with the band (hopefully, we'll get the freedom gig, and also the riverside slot, or wala. or wadever. i don't really care.) and also huiwen's birthday party which was ALMOST like a wedding dinner.

heh. anyway. hopefully, we'll win some money from the toto. $11 million hongbao draw le. that's about a million each. IF WE WIN. heh. not putting my hopes too high, but joses can date maria sooner than we win the million. ooops:)

well, i think i shall post the lyrics of our original songs up. i guess it's full of meaning. and really, melancholy strikes at the worst moments. reading the lyrics is like living a life all over again. oh well.

I know you’re feeling lonely

Been living a life facilitating
Been living a life without
Wondering why my heart is aching
Wanting to scream and shout

Too much love in me for taking
With no one to take it out
The Loneliness is true love’s shaping
There never was a doubt

Chorus:
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hold me the darkness come this way
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hold me don’t let it come to stay
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hope not true love conquers all
Hope not true love conquers all

There never was a silver lining
Behind the bleakened cloud
There always was a problem finding
Humanity in the crowd

Too much love in me for taking
With no one to take it out
The Loneliness is true love’s shaping
There never was a doubt

Chorus:
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hold me don’t ever go away
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hold me I need you every day.
I know you’re feeling lonely
Hold me don't ever ever ever... (repeat)


That's lonely. i guess that's all of us, when we are lost, when we yearn for someone to share our life with. and it's really quite a nice song. one day when we record the song, and it's perfected, i'll post it up.

well next song is Justina. This was written for the RJC counselor who killed herself. I guess it's a little tribute to her. why take your life just because you can't cope with studies? really. it's sad who she leaves behind: family, friends, loved ones...

Escape(for Justina)

It seems its over now
Your time so short it passes through like
Morning on the trees

You wash your hands clean of this world
A Dead queen leaves its nest
Your innocence and joy was never meant to be here.

Don’t know who called you back.
You shouted no one answered did they take you for a fool.
It wasn’t that we didn’t care
The phone was just away.
It’s not like at that point in time they’d known what to say.

(Chorus)
Falling down. You didn’t hit the ground you stopped to fly away.
Left this place but smiled at me just yesterday.
Made me feel much lighter here,
Don’t know why I didn’t know your name


Sad sad song. How many people we didn't know and didn't make the effort to get to know just passed us by?

sigh. now i really should get to know that chio bu denise from huiwen's party. and alex. haha. oh well. dreams dreams dreams. but everyone has the right to dream. Like in neverland...

Neverland

Verse 1:
Sing a song of sixpence
about a pocket full of rye
and the four and twenty blackbirds
that you baked in the life of pi

Saying how this could ever be
How you could never see that
It was going to be that way

Verse 2:
Sorry’s not the word to use
For the past trespasses gone astray
The young will never know and we’ll forgive ourselves someday

But somehow guilt just eats away
Obscurity seems not so bad
And somehow it comes to mind

Chorus:
Yeah in never never land, you’re gonna find that
you’re always gonna be in the backdrop
Yeah, in never never land, you slowly slip away

Peter pan’s a fool and though you know it’s true
Cos he’s only gonna kill your tomorrow,
Yeah in never never land you’ll lose the past today.

Verse 3:
As the sorry days go by
The silly tears that we think we cry
Our Wendy’s gone insane
Drugs and smokes have rocked her brain

It’s like how this would never be
When you saw it all so long ago
And mama’s just going to brood

Verse 4:
Now I guess the pain you’ve borne
Just weighs you down like a pile of stones
Solutions always failed
Except the consequences they entailed

So how do you deal with that
You’re lonely and someone’s out to get you
so what are you going to do

Bridge:
Hey now it seems you’re just a fool to be alive
Now you know that she is gone


Ahhh.. nice song about neverland. and really, it was inspired by the neverland movie. thanks to jon, ben, kuek and elliot. the Leftovers. Dudes, we rock! and not forgeting P.O.S.T (pieces of shits), comprising alvin, junyang, james and zhaoling. had a lot of fun at SOLACE man. we should do it again.

So many things to blog about. lastly, huiwen's 21st birthday. well happy birthday gal! older than me siah. must call da jie. next time can give ang pow to me liao. hehe. and finally got to see shauna. like never ever seen her before, though i sort of known her since like sec 3? thanks to MUD and jesse. hehe. and that age group is going to be my classmates in university this year. what a small world indeed.

and barn went too. great. but ah well, i was well and throughly high thanks to the vodka in my drink. (courtesy of huiwen). and poor me was left alone. remind me when i hold my 21st birthday to invite groups of people, not poor individuals. heh. that episode caused me to drive 120km/h along yio chu kang road. a very thrilling experience. especially when i had to jam brake twice to avoid speeding past the dumb red light camera-ed traffic light junctions. ah well. went vie bar to drink somemore. heh. and watched liverpool lose to birmingham. they suck now man. thanks hor shar, take taxi home, never ask me to fetch, if not i sure tommorrow die liao. heh.

going off topic. very off track liao. anyway, thanks florrine, i think i'll visit fang lao shi soon. have to. haven't seen her for a long time liao. hope she's fine and all. maybe ask weizhen and cheng yu down too. well, time to visit my teacher who has taught me a lot. about piano, and above all, about morals and life in general. happy new year to you, mdm fang.

lip
ranting

No comments: