Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Time flies

And time goes on flying forever and ever.

This quarter has been, in one word, hectic. Between 5 classes, girlfriend, friends, roommates, I have no time for myself. No time to blog, no time to reflect, no time to play Dota, no time to chat with my friends.

I feel sad. It's 2:34 am now, and I'm blogging again after a long long time away from home. I've hit the ground running, sprinting even. The first week was a maze of settling in, moving stuff, Ikea shopping etc. etc. Then came 5 classes. Even with 3 100 level classes, the workload is still immense. 2 Problem sets due every Monday, German homework every Tues and Thurs, Blue Chips on Wednesday, Banking presentations to attend... I'm dying.

But strangely enough I'm revelling in this challenge, to prove that at the end of the day, I can survive stressful periods, I can work 24 hours without rest, I can do well in everything that I challenge myself to do. And that is the real reward, a deeper understanding of yourself.

Then again, a blink of the eye, and week 7 is here. That's a long long long long long time. I'm surprised how long it has been. I'm happy in Chicago, I've never been happier in a long time, and really, it has to do something with that little smile the creeps up on my face whenever I think of the life I share with someone I love.

And that, is all I have time to be thankful for. A short spiel in the middle of night, before I immerse myself back into Deutsch.

Indeed, it's better to have love and lost, then never to have loved at all. And it's better to love and be loved, then to have loved and lost.

lip
ranting

No comments: