Monday, March 24, 2008

A new direction

This blog has been about self reflection for the most part - a sort of online diary for the past few years. Now that I've grown more mature and more self reliant, I'm thinking to take this blog in a new direction - a self analysis and critical reception of myself and my actions as a person.

I'm entering a new phase in life, after graduation, life is just going to get more complicated. I dreaded graduation, because I fear work. But really, what is there to fear? It's a new experience, more excitement, a dream job and a fresh young man ready to take on the world.

Life is a like a trade. It's about managing your risk, controlling your emotions and ultimately, making decisions that are about the future, not about the past.

Hopefully, as I become a better trader, I"ll become a better person and a better son, boyfriend, brother and friend to everyone I know.

Today's Topic is on trading:
1. Trade with an Edge
2. Manage Risk
3. Be Consistent
4. Keep it simple

Easy mantras to live by, but hard to apply in real life. I need to keep my emotions in check - trading is just like a poker game. I made a bad bet that day, but got lucky. Analyzing poker plays according to your hand is the best form of playing, because in the long run, you come out on top. I'm still a novice poker player, but I'll get better as I play more games. Perhaps I should have taken some psychology and behavioral finance.

Good night all, hopefully I"ll blog more often and in a less rambling fashion, once I get my thoughts sorted out. When I'm alone in HK, I'll definitely have more time for self reflection and reading. Lifelong learning, as EOAC has thought me, is definitely an important application that I must instill in my life. Now later, but Now.

Lip
ranting

No comments: