Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

I remember I wrote an essay on love for my entry into the University of Chicago.

I remember distinguishing between Eros and Agape, between maternal/paternal love, between romantic love.

More than ever, I believe now that love is a choice. Because you don't fall in love. You choose to fall in love.

After all, women's feelings of attraction are the subject of many a dating website, and if attraction can be distilled down to a few ways of acting, to a few words, symbols, body language, then it kinda disses the romantics out there.

After all, you choose whom you love. And how much you wish to care for, to look after and to feel for that person. If you are in control of your feelings that is.

For true love is too painful to experience again, and most of us would never want to have that unless we are really really sure.

So I'm glad my friends are getting married today, soulmates who have been in love only once. May it last.

Happy Valentines day


lip
ranting

No comments: