Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Haven't Really Blogged

I guess I kinda got lost during the O week with all the various activities and stuff happening. It's pretty cool to be in a different country, studying the culture and interacting with the denizens, even if they have a crap president and speak ALMOST a different language:).

Communication isn't really hard, it's just different. Perhaps I have been speaking with a Singaporean slant for far too long; I get the impression people just don't understand me around here:). Which is fine, because I can just attribute some smart ass comment which falls flat on its face to the "language barrier". Yeah.

Got into Math 15300 (which is like Calculus, by parts, implicit etc, cos I never really studied:). I DON'T have bragging rights to say I can take Honors Calculus, but then again, bragging rights don't count for much in this place, because everyone seems to be able to spout Plato and the 3rd law of thermodynamics at will.

It's REALLY academic around here, which is good. Because after 2 years of crap, I really need to get my mind attuned back to the studying culture.

STOP! I just realised I kinda BLOG different now! It's in PERFECT FUCKING ENGLISH! shat:).

Then again, the people are fine. Most of them are younger, but most of the Americans are really mature for their age. College is like this BIG thing where everyone leaves home and kinda is a rite of passage for the US kids. Well, ain't that much of a problem for me, even though I'm like 3000 miles away from home.

Well, it'll be fun. We'll see how it goes. Gonna take Humanities (CRAP-writing again), Social Sciences (lots of readings!), Math and hopefully, Music. If not, I'll just do 3 in my first quarter:)

Ciao!

lip
ranting

No comments: