Monday, August 22, 2005

Who Am I?

I remember we had this church camp once, back when I was sec 3 or so. The camp theme was "Face Off". I.e. to take off the masks you wear in front of people and face God truly as you are.

The truth is, everybody has a mask to face everyone else. Even themselves. Sometimes, I forgot which mask is it I am wearing. The aloof mask can be worn when meeting people for the first time, a Warmth mask for friends who have known me long.

Or perhaps, a Leave Me Alone mask when I'm in a too big gathering and I need my own personal space.

Or maybe, I am just boring old me. Too boring to even arouse interest from people around me, slipping into the background as I do.

Then there are times when taking charge seems to be the right thing to do, only if others don't take charge before me.

Times when lying seems best to avoid a situation, and other times when you keep digging your own grave just because you've forbidden yourself to lie to save your hide.

Ahhh... Enigma.



lip
ranting

No comments: