Monday, December 05, 2005

Finals week

And so, here I am, in the Reg, studying. (N.B. Reg stands for Regenstein library, the mugger place where all Uchicago students reside in during finals week, unless you are Thong Kai without a roommate or kenneth, who can stand his roommate, or if you live alone).

And math refuses to go away.

Some problems I still have.

1) Prove that ln n / n ^ (1+a) converges when a > 0 and diverges when a < 0. Diverges because compare 1 / n ^ (1+a) < ln n / n ^ (1+a) and if a < 0, we know that p series diverges for 1 / n ^ p for all p < 1. Convergence is harder to prove.

2) Remember all the integration formulas. Like integrate dx/Sqrt(x^2 + a^2) use x = a tan u. etc etc etc. and REMEMBER integrate 1 / (x^2 + a^2) dx = arctan (x/a).

3) Forget about statistics finals and how I used the Z alpha values instead of T alpha values. I am still knocking my head on my door for this stupid mistake. Now, I can only get like 90%. Fuck.

4) Forget about car for the moment and how much I owe my parents. I have to pay for my brother's education now. That sucks.

5) Remember everyone who owes me money. Calvin - $50 for jacket. Eddy - $120 for alcohol. and various others who haven't paid me back in one way or another. You know who you are. I don't remember.

6) I'm short of cash. IE Singapore, where is my money?! haha.

7) Bad week for a close friend far away. Don't worry dude, it'll go over soon and things will tide over. It's just envious people looking for someone to blame. I'm sure you'll pull through.

8) Happy birthday to all birthday people! MICHELLE!!!! Happy 21st! (For those not in the know, click on 01s70 blogspot link on the sidebar and look at the pictures Debi took!) For the Uchicago boys, Debi is a very chio girl who is currently single. So go for it!

9) Flying home Saturday. To club Friday night, or not to club? Ice skating with my Mei Ren WINCY! on Friday! haha.

10) I'm taking Humanities, Social Sciences, Bio and Music in Winter. 4 Paper courses. I am going to die for winter. Especially the Bio Core. Fuck. And I scored 60/65 for the diagnostic somemore. I will talk to the teacher, hope to siam bio core because I did bio in JC liao.


lip
ranting

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so funny

Anonymous said...

you have no idea.. what the Bio faculty is like man.
I will be very impressed if the teacher lets u skip core bio..
hahahahahahahahhahaa

lufCYC said...

eh take BIOS 20181 next fall. altho it's supposed to be for bio majors, you can take it to fulfil ur topical bio. No problem set, no paper. Just 1 midterm, 1 final. Relac class one. And its all about cells lah ... how difficult can it be?

lip said...

I still need to take core Bio la.

Anonymous said...

International Baccalaureate > A Levels

I mean, best of luck!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA,KOR U HAVE TO PAY FOR MY EDUCATION,HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA,:)