Friday, June 23, 2006

Exercise

It has come to my attention that my physique, though nothing to shout about, is becoming even more "nothing to shout about".

I attribute this to American food, and Bartlett dining hall. You always talk about the Freshman 15. (For the uninitiated, it is the 15 pounds you CONFIRM CHOPSTAMP GUARANTEED put on on your first year in college.)

My roommate happens to be a wrestler, and so, we have a weighing machine in the bathroom.

I remember when I first went to Chicago, my bodyweight was 160 pounds. Or 72.7 kg.

Now, it is 170 pounds. 77.3 kg

A TOTAL FUCKING WEIGHT GAIN OF 4.6 KG.

My BMI used to be a respectable 21.7. Now it's a staggering 23.1.

Overweight is at 24.9, which is at 83-84 kg.

I think it is time to start my exercise regime again. I used to swim every week. OK YOU GOT ME! (blardy hell) .. change that to every MONTH. But I did go roller blading very often, especially with Sharleen in those days... and after that, I went running and blading alone.

I hate running, I love blading. Blading gives you the sense of speed, and you can get to Parkway and back in half an hour. Furthermore, it doesn't kill your knees. I MUST bring my god damn blades to Chicago with me.

And in the Winter, all thoughts of exercise just get thrown out of my head. Dammit.

Gone are the days I ran 2.4km in 9.15. Gone are the days I ran a marathon. Well, those days are going to be aim again, to exercise more, and to run the Chicago Marathon. (shit, I MISSED THE REGISTRATION DATE) -oh, apparently there's a registration cap of 60000 runners. Dammit. I want to RUN!

Looks like I have to persuade my ice skating gf to start blading:), if not, I will just go blading every Sunday along Lake Shore Drive alone. And the exercise regime will start now!.

Shit. Did 100 push ups. I'm too tired to type. Bye

lip
ranting

No comments: