Saturday, June 10, 2006

A look back

1 year on, and I'm done with 1 year in Chicago. I'm off to Frankfurt on Sunday, and I'm finaly done packing my life into little boxes.

Packing is such a bitch, especially when you have bought so much stuff over the past 8 months you kinda forget how hard it is to bring everything back. I came here with 3 suitcases, and I leave with 15 boxes and 3 suitcases. Talk about consumerism.

Meanwhile, my collection of junk has increased. (weighing scale anyone?) and I also have an ironing board, and various little things that make your life convenient and you don't really care about until you start moving them. Then they suddenly increase in mass and bulk, till all you can do is curse and swear.

I'm excited for Frankfurt, but I leave Chicago with a sense of ... loss I guess. But then again, we will have to lead our own separate lives again, till the day comes when we are back together.

Cheers. it's 2 am, I'm done packing, having a car is just GREAT (though everyone clamors to use it, I get first option though:). Life is just awesome.

See you later, Chicago.

lip
ranting

No comments: