Thursday, June 29, 2006

Switzerland Market Report

So here I am slogging away at my Swiss Market Report, due at the end of the internship. Some interesting facts I have learnt thus far:

1) Switzerland has the world's 7th highest GDP Per capita.

2) Switzerland is known for watches, machinery, biotechnology and finance.

3) Switzerland has nice mountains.

4) Switzerland's capital is Bern.

5) Switzerland is probably the best example of direct democracy - citizens vote on everything - from whether the minister should wear white, or whether the country should join the EU.

6) Which brings me to the interesting point that Switzerland is probably the closest example to Marxist communist model today. I'm talking about the real Marx, not Maoism, Stalinism, Leninism or other forms of "suppresive" politics in the world.

I should probably do International Studies, or Politics. I loved my course in Social Sciences, maybe I'll do an intro to IS course to see how much politics I actually like.

Then again, I hate the nitty gritty details of politics, and frankly, all you have to succeed in Politics in SG is to be called a Lee and wear white.

Hey! I've already done that:)

lip
ranting

2 comments:

aethyrs said...

Swatch... and dun forget IKEA, and ABBA, and Nestle :P

lip said...

IKEA is Swedish:)