Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Another Computer Crash

It has happened again. My computer has crashed.

Yes, this is the 2nd crash in a year. The last time, my hard disk died, this time, my OS had some start up problem. A few funny error messages and refused to start. Well, so I just reformatted my entire computer.

Turns out, I backup my university work regularly, so I still have all my readings and my lecture notes and my essays. However, I've lost all my pictures (those in Chicago and Europe) and all my music (which I need iPodsoft to recover, because most of it is in my iPod), and virtually all my programs.

Now I need
1) Microsoft Office XP (which I will buy from Campus Computing tomorrow. Surviving on Office 2003 from my roommate now)
2) Adobe Premiere Pro
3) Adobe Photoshop
4) Adobe Acrobat Pro
5) Nero
6) STATA (some statistic program)

I'm more pissed off over my missing pictures than anything else. Sigh.

P.S. Lucky I have Kenneth "warez" Goh around.

lip
ranting

No comments: