Monday, May 29, 2006

Perception

We often form opinions of people we never met, or have a fleeting impression of. We form impressions, opinions, we judge... And I know I have been on your weighing scale, and I have been judged to be either

a) A bastard, if you take me from a superficial level
b) A friend, if you know me.

And frankly, to those who judge before they know me, please don't, because I don't judge you. People matter too much to form barriers even before you have reached out a hand to know someone. It's America, the culture, the way of life... The self-centered mentality, that says I know best, I trust my own judgement, to hell with what you think.

Sometimes, judge less, feel more. You form your opinions of me based on what you know for less then a year, and with my interactions with people you know for a longer period of time. I say fuck you. If you can't see things from 2 perspectives, you already formulated your own selfish opinions.

Why am I writing this now? Frankly, because I'm sick and tired of what I hear sometimes. Seriously, if you want to spew shit about me, go take it somewhere else. Come say it to my face. And we'll talk.

Or maybe everything here is just a figment of my imagination now. I don't know. We know most people here from our time back in secondary school, JC and we have opinions formulated back then. People change. Give them a chance. Why hate? Why judge? Be open minded, be interested in personal relationships, and frankly, form friendships, and not acquaintances that say "How do you do.." and that's that.

Sometimes, I just want to be alone.

lip
ranting

No comments: