Saturday, March 26, 2005

Boredom

Ok guys, I am so bored i decided to blog.

how sad is that. I'm so bored, i started playing Kings of Chaos at a FEVERISH rate. I mean feverish. for all of those who read regularly, give me a click:) Thanks. It'll only take up like 3 seconds. and join me if you're bored and want a game to play also.

More about KoC here.

Anyway, just blogging random topics. Most of ya all don't know what Kings of Chaos is. It's just a online MMORPG game that i stumbled upon one lazy sunday afternoon while duty in camp last october. It's fun, cos you get to know people from all over the world. E.G. I'm talking to this costa rica guy and a lesbian couple. how cool is that. haha.

I'm bored my day consists of sleeping until 1 pm, eating, playing Xbox, sleeping again, watching tv, playing more Xbox, surfing the net and sleeping. I don't ever need to leave my room again because i moved the TV in and i have a laptop. So i'm just bumming in my room. damn

and it's only 2 weeks after ORD. and I'm still earning $200 a month from piano, but i need more money. haha. considering i don't go out that often anymore, money is a luxury nowadays. it has always been.

Now, it's easter Sunday and good friday.(ok the other way round). And frankly, I haven't believed in Jesus Christ since I read Da Vinci and did more reading up on Gnostics and Islam and the History of the Catholic Church. I think that Jesus is just a revolutionary in the early centuries, who was matyred because of the political and social situation in 0 AD. Gospels and the Bible was a work by Constantine, the Roman emperor who found it politically and socially desirable to create a empire under 1 religion. Religion has always been used as a tool to garner like minded followers, to appeal to the human sense of belonging.

I could argue both sides of the coin, about the miracles that Jesus performed, and about taking the leap of faith to believe in Jesus Christ. At this point in time, I rather take the Gnostic view. Humans are definitely fallible, and there is someone out there greater than us. And frankly, when I went to Kevin's grandmother's wake, and he told us they had tried to convert her to christianity. Coupled with Jesse's story about how his grandfather converted just before he died, i think the afterlife (or lack thereof) is really such an appealing view for people to hold on to, that we put ourselves on a pedestal high above all other animals, that we do have a PURPOSE in life.

Bullshit. You are here to fuck and procreate. Then die. Happy dealing with that.

Now i'm bored.

lip
ranting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my sentiments exactly. no offense to any religion. aha. btw, Constantine was a damn awesome movie!