Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Bored Existance...

my lack of success at finding a job lately has been the cause of much distress to my parents.

of course, said parents are not aware of the fact that i am not doing anything to get my bum moving out of the house to work for cash.

but one should always give the impression that one is looking for work, so that you instill confidence in your parents that you have the "Drive" and "Motivation" to work instead of asking them for cash.

The only "Drive" i have nowadays is the type where i drive out at 1 am to have supper with friends. Motivation is reserved for Knights of the Old Republic 2. Very fun.

For all of you calling me a bum, i do have a job.

Indeed, i am currently giving piano classes at $200 a pop. Tides me over the weekends.

You know, $200 for 6 hours of work a month is heavenly. It's barely what i call work, and teaching kids is such a joy. I need another piano student to really rock the high life. No wonder there are such people called "professional" piano teachers.

Phui. To be the best, you must learn FROM the best. and frankly, i'm doing this for fun. Because i didn't use to need the money. But now i do:)

Unemployment has never been better. Only 4 more months to go before I leave this "sunny promontory" (btw, a promontory is a island/cliff with water on 3 sides.... technically the causeway is a landlink), to go to the "Windy City" to study.

I was reading Paul Krugman's economic essays last night, and boy, SHIT i have forgotten like 150% of what i knew. I am dumber than my sister now. You never hear me admitting that.

Back to lightsabers and killing dark sided Sith lords.

*makes lightsaber sounds*


lip
ranting

No comments: