Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Salsa and Confidence

Okay. I admit it, i've taken Salsa classes.

Been to jitterbugs for my 2nd lesson and boy, was it fun. I mean, why do people take Salsa lessons? To dance?

Nah. It is to pick up chicks.

There i said it.

And why do chicks do salsa classes? WHY WHY WHY? pick up guys?

I don't know.

After all, i know a few people who have taken salsa classes and after class, never ever put their dancing skills to practice.

After all, how often do you go to salsa fiestas at xenbar/jitterbugs/union square on friday nights? All you get is the mating dance of humans that is clubbing.

i.e. guy sees hot chick in salsa bar, struts towards her, offers his hand, says smugly (or terrifyingly) "may i have a dance"

gal looks away, laughs, and dimisses him with a wave of hand.

guy slinks back to buddies who are laughing.


(i did it in yellow for effect)

anyone visited those dating websites lately? YES JOSES I KNOW YOU HAVE.

shhhhhhh.. don't say so loud can.

anyway, they talk about confidence. (for the record, i must say that i do NOT visit such websites. I just have spam sent to me which i devour when i'm bored out of my pubic hair.

how to most beautiful of women just want some arrogant biatch or himbo to ignore them and treat them as though they weren't goddesses.

right.

so next time i see cindy crawford on the street, i shall go over and say:

hey, your IQ is the the same as the size of my dick.

bingo. I win. both ways. rather annoying, i am.

and that brings me back to salsa. You see, i know many guys taking salsa classes. myself, EOCC mates wenliang, des, kelvin, and william. okay not a lot, but enough to consider.

and i know 1 girl taking salsa. Just 1. and i wonder? WHO THE HELL AM I KIDDING THAT THIS SHIT THAT I AM LEARNING IS GOING TO BE THE ANTIDOTE TO MY SAD EXISTANCE?

okay. for those who wanna know? i take salsa cause i wanna go panama to dance when i get to the US. plus i heard that west coast salsa competition is in Illinois in 2006. hehe heard only ahhhh...

and frankly, i need to learn how to dance. I have 2 left feet. Cutting it down to one a half with lessons. hopefully, i'll be normal soon with 1 left foot.

or maybe none, like anakin skywalker.

Cool, Star wars is. Watch it, you must.


lip
ranting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never bear to shell out money to find out if I have two left feet or more. haha as for why girls take up salsa, I can't offer anymore insight than you have. Panama sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good point. But the thing that stuck out to me the most was the Cindy Crawford-cock size-I.Q. joke. Har har.

lip said...

indeed. you can win both ways. anyway, shall bug one of my friends to try the line out someday haha