Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'm Too Lazy To Blog My Trip

So read all about it on Jesse's blog!

Read all about how i nearly got lost and became a beggar here!

Read about the train ride here!

And frankly, I'm just to lazy to pick my memory on all the details. So i'll hitch on his blog and excerpt it:)

Excerpts:

In Bangkok, About me.
He got lost. Ohmygod! The biggest, tallest of us has been kidnapped by a Bangkok gang and had his limbs chopped off so he could become a beggar.


In Cambodia, Getting from Poipet to Siem Reap.
What added to the atmosphere were large signs (the only billboards, not much advertising in Cambodia yet) with drawings of AK-47s and other firearms, exhorting to Cambodians in what seems to be "Guns are not needed anymore."


See how generous I was!
We were hustled by many young children begging for things, some who tried pilfering stuff from our pouches and just desperate for some money... Lip gave them 2 SGD which seemed like a novelty to them, but they'd probably try to change it for money they could use.


Actually just getting them off my back.

Plight of Singaporean PR with Indon Passport and my first day miseries.
The rest of the day was ambiguous, to say the least. Lip had lost his rain cover and damaged the buckle of his backpack, thanks to some inept baggage handling. Now, I mananged to pass immigration without much difficulty, nor did I get singled out for baggage check like in Singapore



Okay you all can stop bugging me now and asking how my trip was. On another note, i think i shall go Australia this june to see a friend, maybe backpack the length of Australia just for kicks:)

lip
ranting

No comments: